No one person or agency can do it all. That's why partnerships are so important to our efforts. In fact, we consider them the key to our success in reaching out to restore lives in our community.
The Community Coalition of Partners Ending Homelessness is a vital part of the partnership to end chronic homelessness and consists of a broad base of community partners who work diligently to prevent homelessness and to meet the needs of individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Guilford County.
The Community Coalition members plan, develop and implement collaborative services designed to provide needed care and create systemic change within the community. Members of the Community Coalition work together to address the larger picture and identify gaps in the services, unmet needs, and what future services might be required. The Community Coalition speaks as one voice and through mutual support and recognition of each member as part of a larger whole, a community attitude is created. This community is then better able to meet the needs of homeless people and foster the systematic change necessary to break the cycle of homelessness by responding to the needs of the community.
The members of the Community Coalition meet on the second Thursday of every month at 9:30 a.m. The meetings are held at the Unitarian Universalist Church located at 5603 Hilltop Road in Jamestown.
Community Coalition Membership
Membership in the Community Coalition of Partners Ending Homelessness is open to any organization, business, government entity and/or individual who is:
- Interested in helping men, women and children experiencing homelessness in Guilford County;
- Committed to collaboration and coordination through the Provider Coalition to implement the community-developed plans related to homelessness in Guilford County;
- Understands homelessness is a community-wide issue that cannot be solved by one organization, agency or entity and therefore helping our homeless neighbors requires participation by all segments of the community;
Members of the Community Coalition will:
- Demonstrate commitment to helping those experiencing homelessness in Guilford County as part of the solution required to fully meet the needs of the community.
- Join with others who, through mutual support and recognition, are working to develop and implement systemic change and services that close the gaps in the current homeless system of care
To join the Community Coalition today, please complete the application form and mail the completed form along with membership payment.